The most important factors in tire care are:
- Proper tire size, type and load capacity (or load range)
- Proper inflation pressure
- Proper vehicle loading
- Regular tire rotation
- Regular inspection
- Proper tire repair
- Vehicle condition, alignment and maintenance
- Good driving habits
For additional tire safety related information:
TRAC is the national trade association representing the interests of tire and other rubber manufacturers and importers of rubber goods into Canada, together with rubber recyclers and suppliers whose goods or services directly relate to our industry.
- Be Tire Smart is a national public education campaign designed to encourage Canadian motorists to adopt good tire maintenance practices.
The mission of Transport Canada is to serve the public interest through the promotion of a safe and secure, efficient and environmentally responsible transportation system in Canada.
- Riding on Air - Your vehicle’s tires are engineered to perform safely, day in and day out. But to do their job right, tires need regular maintenance.